Take Home Messages
At Accu-Chek®, our goal is to help manage diabetes for you or your loved one. Below are some useful tips & messages that will be very useful for any person with the good intention of managing diabetes.
- Finding out you have diabetes is scary. But don't panic. People with diabetes can live long, healthy, happy lives by regular monitoring.
- There is an urgent need for lifestyle intervention, with the incorporation of a healthy diet, an increase in physical activity and weight reduction as a means of preventing diabetes in those who are in the prediabetic stage and thus prevent the diabetes epidemic, which is looming large in India.
- Treating your diabetes is the responsibility of your healthcare professionals. But tackling diabetes is your responsibility.
- Self-testing will tell you what your blood glucose levels are and how well your diabetes plan is working.
- Self-monitoring-of-Blood-glucose has been recommended for people with diabetes to achieve a specific level of glycemic control and thus achieve their HbA1c target.
- Judicious use of SMBG data can help to improve glycemic control, select an anti-diabetic regimen, and provide powerful feedback to patients wishing to improve metabolic control.1
- More frequent self-monitoring of blood glucose levels was associated with clinically better glycemic control regardless of diabetes type or therapy.2
- By keeping your blood sugar level within the recommended range, you're more likely to avoid the blood sugar highs and lows that may keep you from feeling your best.
Note : Please consult your medical advisor for further information on tips and messages shared above.
1Clinical Diabetes 20:45-47, 2002
2American Journal of Medicine. 2001 Jul;111(1):1-9.